Migrating to Linux - WP

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 13:17:06 CDT 2005

The new beta also provides for a database front end. The features page
for the beta suggests that OO.org always had a db tool, but only now
have they begun work making it more visible and public. But more
related to the thread is their WordPerfect filter. A good description
here:
http://wp.openoffice.org/filter.html

Basically, they say right now it can import most WP documents but they
don't have an export filter yet.  Seeing as how I don't own WP I can't
very easily test that feature for accuracy, but the mailing list (the
parts that work anyways) seem to imply that it isn't perfect yet, but
then this is a beta, after all.

Justin Dugger