Storage drive problems

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:33:25 CDT 2005

Good news!

The saga of the reiserfs gone wrong comes to a anticlimatic close.
After an IRC brainstorming session, I discovered that the
reiserfsprogs had not been installed.  As naive user, I had assumed
that if I had access to a functioning program like mkfs.reiserfs, then
that was all I needed.  It turns out not to be the case, and after
apt-getting the appropriate pacakge, I find myself able to make
reiserfs partitions capable of holding more than 4 gigabytes of data.
This, of course, was compounded by using the device instead of the
first (and only) partition on my first attempt.  I've gotten it all up
and done correctly now.  *Sigh*

Whether this is really the end, or if this is simply an open ended
conclusion leaving large holes for a sequal, I can't tell you. But for
now it appears to be working appropriately.  Thanks for all the help;
I find I learn far more from failure than from success, and I've found
some neat new tools as a result.

Justin Dugger