OT: laptop opinion

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Apr 4 09:04:49 CDT 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 08:45 pm, Tim Reid wrote:

> Doese anyone have any experiance with the Dell inspirion line of
> laptops?  Are they good/bad?  How is Dell's service? (i've heard it sucks)

IBM and Apple get the top satisfaction ratings for their laptops.

Toshiba and HP usually rate better than Dell, but below the above.

Winbook laptops are reasonable in feature-for-price, but not as repairable.

I agree with Mr. Hageman that having an on-site service contract is a big
plus.  They seem to take you more seriously.