still no ssh access

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Sep 30 16:11:59 CDT 2004

PPPoE is not a factor as I have Comcast cable not RR.  No I haven't tried to connect to the firewall.  If I want to, I enable ssh and it defaults to port 222.

[OT]
On the PPPoE front, my wife wants me to look into/consider switching to SBC DSL, getting phone, internet and cell thru them and then we could get satellite TV.  I've got to run the numbers and see if that combo will be cheaper.   If I get a TIVO satellite receiver thrown in I may do it.  I haven't actually recorded any TV shows in 6-8 months, but w/ TIVO I think I would.  Especially if I could get the LAN stuff setup w/ the unit.  View the recorded programs on my PC.

Brian Kelsay

On Thursday 30 September 2004 01:04 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Now that I have sshd running on the new server and I can connect to it from
> another PC on my LAN, I know that it should work.

Have you tried connecting to the firewall itself with ssh?  What kind of WAN
connection do you have?  I was unable to connect to a system that was on an
SBC PPPoE modem.  I think the problem was with the PPPoE connection, but I
never did track it down.