Anyone seen the new Sun FileSystem

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 23:07:22 CDT 2004

Oren Beck wrote:

> I brought some of this up at last night's breakfast . Some folks seem to
> take this filesystem  with the usual  NaCl granule that all press
> releases _should_be taken with , At worst that may be all that comes of
> this - another stock puffer attempt based on a vaporware . I sense that
> this *could* be different .
> Again to be honest my detail skill in the esoterica of filesystems is
> way below many others here.
> SO some constructive review of this from folks who know truth from vapor
> would help us all .

Depending on the size of your granule, you may want to try chopping them
up with a razor blade or the edge of a credit card.  At least until they
pass easily through the rolled up hundred and are no longer irritating
to the nose of the user.  Puffing is not the preferred method, a light
inhalation through one nostril while holding the other closed will do
just nicely.  It is unlikely you will get the particles small enough to
be a vapor unless you perform some other action upon the granule, such
as heating.  Please sharpen esoterica if you intend to use it in the
kitchen and don't want to saw through your material.   Sharpening your
tools is always time well spent.
va·por  (va'per) n.

    1. Barely visible or cloudy diffused matter, such as mist, fumes, or
   smoke, suspended in the air.
    2.
          1. The state of a substance that exists below its critical
temperature and that may be liquefied by application of sufficient pressure.
          2. The gaseous state of a substance that is liquid or solid
under ordinary conditions.
    3.
          1. The vaporized form of a substance for use in industrial,
military, or medical processes.
          2. A mixture of a vapor and air, as the explosive gasoline-air
mixture burned in an internal-combustion engine.

> And the comments about "cooling" or  areal density per device overlook
> the bigger picture .
> The crazy vision to me is a

I sense your confusion here.  Some fellows are very unaware of the names
of female-specific tissues.  The areola is the small circle of tissue
around the nipp..., well, never mind.  They do like to be blown on.
Some prefer devices, but that is the exception, not the norm.  Your
fetishists may like temporary jewelry or clamps, but others go so far as
piercing. I would think that might hurt a lot.

> We now have commodity external drives of 500 gig that at $1/gig and
> dropping make spatial RAID an interesting viral  market . That office
> having a fat pipe to the world that goes unused from 1700 to 0745 could
> make some credits in a new economy for hosting a piconode  . Merely
> plugging some Videotape mailer sized boxes into a firewire port and
> AC - hit the web register interface and allocate XXX Gb  to the "pool"
> in trade for whatever exchange medium this unborn as yet may use . NOTE
> : one possible use is locally mirroring not only a Distro but Archival
> versions of any
> OSS projects that code rollback may someday be a good idea for . Example
> further is projects being walked away from by creators who would donate
> their files for future resurrection .

Don't make fun of the size of people's pipes, it's not polite.  And what
they choose to do with it in the off-hours is their own darn business.
I say whatever goes on behind closed doors is none of my business
however, one young man made $50,000 for his off-hours efforts in May.
Whether he had to split that with his employer or the computer, I don't
have that information.  And you keep your pipe out of my pool.  Just
keep it to yourself.  As far as I know, it is illegal to trade in the
born or unborn.  Up until last month however, it was legal to practice
necrophilia in the state of California.  Don't count on resurrection,
that doesn't happen very often.  I've had the occasional cold fish, but
that is just too gross.  And how do you get around the whole morgue,
cold table thing.  Eeeaaghh.  What does the OSS have to do with
anything?  That organization morphed into the CIA and NSA long ago.
Well, the NSA does develop some encryption software and that whole
SElinux thing.   Their archives are closed, I know, I've tried to peek
in.  They waved the whole national security policy thing in my face, but
I wasn't buying it.  I know they are the source of, well, better lubricants.

> The grand  unification in filesystems that IF it's not vaporware made
> possible here would allow this and more to become trivial!

Grand unification field theory requires math that you obviously don't
possess.  And again with the vapor.  It's a field and by no means
trivial, even if you had the math.  We're talking stuff Einstein and the
Berenstein Bears couldn't figure out.  Not to mention that whispering
Hawking guy.  It's the quiet ones you have to watch out for you know.

> Oren Beck
>
> www.campdownunder.com
>
> " That comment about standing on the shoulders of Giants lacks any
> feedback from the big guys themselves "

Have you ever seen the Giants up close.  Those are some big baseball
players.  I doubt they'd let anybody stand on their shoulders unless
they won the pennant.