Trouble with my new Compaq DL380

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Sat Sep 11 08:34:21 CDT 2004

> What distros have you used other then FC2. If you need it up now use a
> distro that you know. I know there would be help if needed for a Gentoo
> or Debian install. Troubleshooting can take sometime that might need for
> other things. So if you need asap use something you know or have used
> the most.

I've used Redhat 8 & 9, Fedora Core 2 and Suse 8 & 9.  I did Mandrake once
but only for a few hours :)

I have a "backup" hosting this site for now - it's just a workstation
which actually has more memory than the server, but slower processing and
a slower hard drive (Compaq SmartArry RAID drives v. one IDE drive).  I
can tell it's much slower when I access the backup site.

So I have some time to troubleshoot (mostly this weekend), in between
doing laundry, etc.  :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jon