Cron

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Oct 27 09:18:43 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 09:11 am, Brian Densmore wrote:

> Ok, I added my blacklist script to the /etc/cron.daily subdirectory.
> I gave it the same ownership and rights as the other scripts in there.

> ... I know I can create a root cronjob to do this, but I
> really wanted it to be part of the base system. What am I doing wrong?

Oh, you mean you can create an entry in root's crontab to run it.

I usually put the scripts in /usr/etc, then put a symlink from the script to
something in /etc/cron.daily (or whatever).  That works.

May I suggest you develop some logging or error reporting that shows you if
the script is getting called?