BitTorrent question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Oct 17 18:08:12 CDT 2004

On Friday 08 October 2004 04:06 pm, Gerald Combs wrote:

> [Debian] also offer something called "jigdo", which apparently
> assembles .iso images from their component files:

Then there's the ancient and venerable
"RedHat-CD-HOWTO" ( http://tldp.org/HOWTO/RedHat-CD-HOWTO/index.html ) which
tells you how to build a RedHat installation CD, complete with all the
current updates.  That one's been around since RedHat came on one CD.

A bit of study would proably allow you to generalize it for building SuSE
install CD's (I think you can do that, you just can't share the images); or
for maintaining Mandrake CD's that include current updates.