Help configuring procmail (was: Help configuring fetchmail)

linux at bizniche.com linux at bizniche.com
Fri Oct 15 23:44:01 CDT 2004

Jeremy Turner <jeremy at linuxwebguy.com> wrote on 10/15/2004, 10:40:19 PM:
> On Fri, October 15, 2004 3:10 pm, Brian Kelsay said:
> > Are you saying that he can't filter on the "To:" field?  If he is only
> > subscribed on one address of the two he has talked about, he could scan
> > for kclug at kclug.org in any of the 3 "To:, CC:, BCC:" and then have those
> > dropped in whichever of the folders.  I use built-in filters in
> > Thunderbird, but this is what I look for and it works fine.

This sounds like what I need to do. Watch the To and TO fields, as you
say, and maybe create some rules for consisten type emails that get
through..from lists etc.

I guess those exceptions will happen for things like kclug where even
the recipient username and server don't appear anywhere.

I'll give it a shot and let you guys know how it's going.

Awesome conversations about this though...I'm learning so much!

Matt