Help configuring fetchmail

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Oct 15 08:14:13 CDT 2004

On Fri, October 15, 2004 2:12 am, linux at bizniche.com said:
> Reading around on the web, I see options for fetchmail like 'envelope'
> and 'no envelope' and stuff.  But nothing seems to work.  It seems like
> there is a way to specify the string value of a header...so I can
> search for that with procmail.  Is that right?  Or maybe there is a way
> to tell fetchmail not to try and change any headers?

> Anyone know how to make sure I get my email sorted when it doesn't come
> straight to me?

>From http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=procmailrc

  If the regular expression contains ‘^TO_’ it will be substituted by
  ‘(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To |Cc |Bcc) |(X-Envelope
  |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To) :(.*[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])?)’, which should catch all
  destination specifications containing a specific address.

  If the regular expression contains ‘^TO’ it will be substituted by
  ‘(^((Original-)?(Resent-)?(To |Cc |Bcc) |(X-Envelope
  |Apparently(-Resent)?)-To) :(.*[^a-zA-Z])?)’, which should catch all
  destination specifications containing a specific word.

This example shamelessly taken from http://perkypants.org/dotfiles/procmailrc

  :0:
  * ^TO_.*(jdub|jeff|president)@slug.
  SLUG/personal