apache questions to follow

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 18:58:29 CDT 2004

It's Apache 1.3.x.  I figured out that I needed to move the
cgiirc.config.full file from
/usr/share/docs/cgiirc/examples/cgiirc.config.full to /etc/cgiirc
I just got it working as I wrote this.  I had the path set in 2 places
(httpd.conf and cgiirc.config)
In httpd.conf I removed the script aliases,
added that multi line directory statement that allowed cgiirc files to
run, edit /etc/cgiirc.config to have the script path read
"script_nph = /cgi-bin/cgiirc/nph-irc.cgi
script_form = /cgi-bin/cgiirc/client-perl.cgi
script_login = /cgi-bin/cgiirc/irc.cgi"

I had too much on those last 3 lines.  Absolute path was messing it up.
  I removed /usr/lib/ and it worked.
On to the next project.  I may end up doing a streaming server after
I've read so much about it.