apache questions to follow

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Oct 1 18:06:54 CDT 2004

On Friday 01 October 2004 05:12 pm, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> When I attempt to login however, I get "Access Denied: No connections
> Allowed".

Since that's not a browser or Apache error, I would suggest that your script
is running just fine, but your config.cgi or conf.include.cgi or whatever
hasn't yet been told how many logins it can accept.

As to your question about what port Apache is listening on, it does listen on
localhost (127.0.0.1:80), and I would expect that if it's Apache1 it also
listens on either the IP it gets from the system or to "*".  I would expect
Apache2 to be more likely to listen only to localhost unless you tell it
otherwise.