Game programming

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Nov 29 17:20:34 CST 2004

In order to answer this question, one would have to know what
Jason's definition of Calc III is. Not all colleges and universities
will define it as the same thing. Certainly, a knowledge of Calculus,
Differential Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Engineering Mathematics
(prereqs for Engineering Math are Calc I thru IV [or I thru III,
depending on where in NY you got your basic Calculus classes] and
differential Calculus, at least at SUNY @ Stony Brook) would be helpful.
Being able to deal with FFTs is always helpful. Having a good understanding
of number theory, and random number generation is good too. I could
go on, but y'all get the drift I think, games are highly mathematically
intensive and the more you know the better game you can make. A good book
on game theory is also good to have around. Also if you're good at anagrams...

;')

Brian Densmore