screen scrollback

D. Joe Anderson kclug at etrumeus.com
Mon Nov 29 11:42:04 CST 2004

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 10:30:07AM -0600, Jason Clinton wrote:

> In Screen the official scroll back method is Ctrl+A ESC then PgUp and
> PgDn. ESC to exit scroll mode. You can also mark for copy and paste in
> this mode.

It took me a while to get up to speed to using the
copy-and-paste functionality.  But I kept getting to machines
where the mouse was malfunctioning (over a kvm switch, for
instance), or X was running and I couldn't get it to share
easily (or at all) with gpm (KNOPPIX live CD on some hardware),
or whatever, so I finally learned it.

Yet another arrow in screen's mind-blowing quiver of unobtrusive
yet powerful functionality.  I can't recommend it enough.

--
D. Joe