PDF pseudo-printing (Debian CUPS)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Nov 22 18:40:44 CST 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 04:08 pm, Steven Hildreth wrote:

> >   RTFM?  I'd love to read the fine manual!  I'm BEGGING for a fine
> > manual!!  I can't FIND a fine manual!!!

I believe I've gotten some info at cups.org, but there's quite a lot of stuff
in /usr/share/doc/cups.

Note that on some distros you need to set the password for the administrative
user before you can log in to the web interface. That's usually documented in
your distro's information on cups (which, if I recall, was on the distro's
web page).

I'm sorry I'm not more specific, but I've been changing distros a lot lately,
and CUPS is one of those things that I get set up then forget all the
details.  It has varied a LOT in recent releases and distros as far as
quality of documentation and whether all of the docs and pieces were included
in a certain package.

I do think that cups.org does have pretty complete documentation, and they're
not like ntp.org who changed servers recently and forgot to move the docs.