Redhat Enterprise Edition and Mono

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Fri Nov 19 16:08:21 CST 2004

Frank Wiles [mailto:frank at wiles.org] wrote:

>  First off, don't do it to a live system.  Do it on a test platform.
>  Get a spare PC somewhere and put the same version of RH on it and
> up2date them to match.  Then install mono on the test box.

>  Anything else is asking for trouble...

Well, that's part of the problem.  It's a dedicated server in a local
hosting company (Arsalon).  I only have access to the machine over SSH,
and Redhat Enterprise Linux (I believe) is not a free download.  I did
insist that they take a complete back up of the system before we start,
so that will exist.