Server Distributions

Steven Hildreth sphildreth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:11:10 CST 2004

As I stated, if you configure and use Portage properly you won't have
these issues;
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=1

or;
'man 5 portage'

The part in particular is to use portage CONFIG_PROTECT and CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK

Again I understand it and my updates are very fluid, simple and
painless. Just because you don't either 1) Like it or 2) Understand it
doesn't mean its worthless. The level (and quality) of results
returned by something is near linear to the level (and quality) to the
input put into it. If used properly Portage is very powerful and works
very well.

Regards,
Steven