Help --- can't get on to CenturyTel ISP

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:58:02 CST 2004

Brian Densmore wrote:
> What kind of handshake are they/you using? What kind of
> authentication is being used? You should be able to open a
> window and watch the communication between the two modems.
> I remember I had problems with my dial up ISP who didn't
> support Linux and thought Windows was the end all, be all
> of OSes. With that ISP it was a matter of handshake and also
> the type of verification. He wasn't using plain text, but using
> some other option that was in my list of choices. Need more
> input to troubleshoot. Another option is to install Windows
> on a small partition and see if it connects.

Longshot but it worked for me -this summer  we had a guest at the
campground who could not get RH to connect to  Centel ,
To separate hardware from software we tried Knoppix! PResto it worked
- they screen printed the connect details and altered their RH install .
Sorry about no further details- I had been working in KC that day .
   One of the staff here gave them a Knoppix cd from the pile of them on our
  back counter and you now know all I do about this possible fix .
The funny part is  that customer asked if we could help
because they saw the Tux squeezy on the cash register !

Oren

www.campdownunder.com

" Someday Tux may be more well known than the rodent that built an empire "