Help --- can't get on to CenturyTel ISP

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Nov 10 17:15:03 CST 2004

What kind of handshake are they/you using? What kind of
authentication is being used? You should be able to open a
window and watch the communication between the two modems.
I remember I had problems with my dial up ISP who didn't
support Linux and thought Windows was the end all, be all
of OSes. With that ISP it was a matter of handshake and also
the type of verification. He wasn't using plain text, but using
some other option that was in my list of choices. Need more
input to troubleshoot. Another option is to install Windows
on a small partition and see if it connects.