Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 12:51:53 CST 2004

mike at handuma.com wrote:

> The proposed Web site design is un-semantic and rigid. More indicative of a
>burgeoning business than a club devoted to an alternative OS. I agree with Hal's
>remarks.

> I, also, agree with Jason's remarks, and I like Brian's suggestion to make the
> site more accessible to the handicapped. Club members use the mailing list.
> The Web site’s major function is to introduce the general public to local linux
> resources -- like the meeting, and, yes, you guys! I suggest, a friendly and
> inviting “look and feel.”  Let's be leaders and teach Web standards by example.

The idea is to add more features.  The plan is still pretty free-form
and open if you ask me.  Steven(Tallen) just asked for some space on the
server and a login and said he would report back when he had something.
  That was one of the objectives of the new server anyway; added feature
set, flexibility, speed, local control, take advantage of free hosting
that Walt offered, more user input, etc.  If you want to try your hand
at building something or have constructive input (or even playful
nit-picking), contact tallen via IRC or email on the current project or
contact Hal (hald) or Chris Bier (Cymor) for your own project space.

This was just a pilot project, so to speak.