Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Don Keeler dkeeler at lumensoftware.com
Tue Nov 9 10:12:48 CST 2004

Lumen Software will donate the software for our web content management
and authoring, calendar, bulletin board solutions if you are
interested.  Don.

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 10:00, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Damn, you beat me to it.  On the punctuation thing.  I didn't see where he used the word "critique" though. The first word of a sentence should be capitalized though.  All kidding aside, you did a good job Tallen.
>
> Brian, XOOPS is a CMS (Content Management System), like PHPNuke, PostNuke, Slashdot, et al.  I think it is written in PHP.  Steven said he wanted to use that since he knew it and it is very flexible due to lots of modules being available.  I am worried about speed issues, but the new LUG server seems to be very beefy, so far.   I still prefer the listserv, because everybody has a mail client and it is usually open all day.  Unfortunately, if I am only subscribed from home, then I may not be able to check those messages throughout the day unless I have webmail of some sort.  We'll see how it shakes out.  If someone else thinks they can do better, they can always volunteer and start w/ they're own space or collaborate w/ Steven.
>
> Brian Kelsay

Don P. Keeler
Chief Technology Officer
Lumen Software

P:816.880.0066
F:816.880.0440

Lumen Genesis Initiative™ – Catalyst for the Rapid Growth of Linux
Solutions

LightBulb™, Lumenation™, Lumen Linux Terminal Services™, Linux
Enterprise Network Suite™, EzThin™, LISG™, and LSDG™ are trademarks of
GeKL Technologies, Inc., owner of the brand name Lumen Software.