Proposed Web site redesign (beta)

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Nov 9 10:00:18 CST 2004

Damn, you beat me to it.  On the punctuation thing.  I didn't see where he used the word "critique" though. The first word of a sentence should be capitalized though.  All kidding aside, you did a good job Tallen.

Brian, XOOPS is a CMS (Content Management System), like PHPNuke, PostNuke, Slashdot, et al.  I think it is written in PHP.  Steven said he wanted to use that since he knew it and it is very flexible due to lots of modules being available.  I am worried about speed issues, but the new LUG server seems to be very beefy, so far.   I still prefer the listserv, because everybody has a mail client and it is usually open all day.  Unfortunately, if I am only subscribed from home, then I may not be able to check those messages throughout the day unless I have webmail of some sort.  We'll see how it shakes out.  If someone else thinks they can do better, they can always volunteer and start w/ they're own space or collaborate w/ Steven.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 11/09/04 09:42AM >>>

Nice job. I posted a comment on the site.

Not to be picky or nitpicky or argue over semantics,
buuuuuuuut ...
sentences usually end in one of [.?!] not ";)" .
                                              ^
 Note period to end sentence. ________________|

Also critique is spelled with a "u".
;')

<snip>

What is XOOPS?
(Sure I could google it, but you brought it up - and I'm lazy today.)