Hardware Detection

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Thu Mar 18 14:32:24 CST 2004

Run modconf and remove them. Although, they may be built into the kernel,
which means apt-getting the kernel-source and rebuilding a debian kernel.
I'm actually glad they error on the side of "throw everything you can think of
in". That means I'm much more likely to successfully run on any machine I choose. There will always
be give and take. I see lots of rants on here and other lists about how some distro didn't detect
this or that. So now that someone has listened to the rants and installed "dhis, dhat and de other
dhing"
you're going to rant on them for including everything. Sheeesh! There's just no pleasing some
people. ;')
Remember it's your machine, you're responsible for maintainance and fine-tuning. ;')

>>>The other problem is that, as far as I
>>>know, once you install to disk, you lose the autodection of hardware.  So
>>>If you plan on putting a device in the PC, you should do so before install
>>>to make your life easier.
Debian has discover.
"apt-get install discover" and you'll get autodetection.
It comes as part of the Bonzai Linux distro.