rsync

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Mar 18 04:26:03 CST 2004

On Wednesday, March 17, 2004 07:55 pm, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:00:01AM -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
> > If they have any rsync mirrors (Rsync's Cool!), use that to download

>  They do have rsync. But, when I hit the link in Opera ...

Rsync isn't an FTP manager, it's a separate protocol; an rsync server has to
be set up.  There wouldn't be much point in using rsync via an HTTP browser,
it's not a browsing protocol but a directory synchronizing protocol.

I've found that having two consoles, one with man rsync and another building
the correct command line, and about fifteen minutes will get the right things
happening for me.