Gnoppix "RC"

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Thu Mar 18 01:57:05 CST 2004

Greg Kedrovsky wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:00:01AM -0600, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>>
>> If they have any rsync mirrors (Rsync's Cool!), use that to download
>
> They do have rsync. But, when I hit the link in Opera, I got an error
> message: "The address type is unknown or unsupported." Looks like I have
> some RTFM'ing to do.

I'm not aware of a browser that will do rsync...it's a command line
thing.  Just enter the appropriate rsync command from a prompt.
Something like:

rsync server::path/to/file.iso local.file.iso

If you do this with a partial or corrupt version of local.file.iso
already present on your system, rsync will skip any chunks of the iso
image that don't need to be re-downloaded, greatly speeding up the process.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net