install question

Richard A. Franklin RAldenFranklin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 15 17:45:35 CST 2004

As a possible cure for insomnia, I installed Debian Woody on a Duron
1700 system last night. Downloaded the minimal install ISO, burned a CD
and finished the install via FTP. Installed the available graphical
packages, tried the xf86config routine ...

I am using an ATI 7000 card; it is not on the menu. I would think this
would be an obstacle on the path to getting X to start, but there must
be a fix, so ...

what do I do at this point? ... please keep it newbie simple, as I am
just venturing out from the realm of totally spoon-fed distros.
... or perhaps I could just haul it over to the Foss Training Center
tomorrow night?

Thanks!
Rick