knoppix

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Mar 15 17:37:20 CST 2004

Did you try to sell them on Open Office? Or is their PC too slow?

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 03/15/04 09:22AM >>>

 Secondly,
the cheapware office-clone stopped working, but only the word-processor. So suspecting that they
installed a game since I last re-installed the "office" for them I re-installed it and ... tada, it
works again. Something installed a new version of the MFC libraries and of course they aren't
backwards compatible or the junk software they use for "office" can't deal with anything but one
specific version. I also gave their daughter a Knoppix CD. I'm not expecting much, though.