"Cyber cafe" timekeeping software

cwgee9801-RR cwgee9801 at kc.rr.com
Sun Mar 14 17:18:00 CST 2004

I'm trying to find a solution for kids PC online use without constant
monitoring and arguing. So I'm considering implementing a "cyber cafe"
accounting system at home to regulate my two kids online access. They think
it is a terrible idea. I think it is a good one. Ideally, the software would
allow me to credit them with xx hours per week, and they could have their
online use within other restrictions ... no more than x hours in any one
day, no more than one hour without a one hour "break", no use after 9:00pm
and so on. They would know their limits and could pace their own use
accordingly.

Sounds like a job for a linux router that controls the WAP.
(Note: The PC they use already runs a kid filter and keystroke monitor that
I personally review, often. The PC has a nice video card and runs WinXP,
as almost all their games run under Windows.

I'm checking Sourceforge for suitable software and a reasonable hardware
configuration. Trying to see if this is practical. Any experience or
comments
invited.

---
Will Cook  willcook at att.net