Scanner configuration

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Jul 30 13:34:27 CDT 2004

On Thu, July 29, 2004 20:37, Gary Hildebrand said:
> Trying to get Xsane to find my scanner but to no avail ---

> Using SuSE 7.2 I used YAST to do the scanner config and I can see it in
> /proc/scsi/scsi, but something has to be missing somewhere else.

Have you considered upgrading SuSE?  9.0 is pretty nice.  There's been a
lot of improvement in YaST between those versions.

That said, I would persue your problem with the SANE pages -
http://www.sane-project.org/.  That's where I had to go to get mine
working, and to determine that the USB scanner I have is the ONE model of
that manufacturer that's not supported.