Pendrive linux distros

Ben Coffman ben_coffman at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 22 21:27:24 CDT 2004

I am sure this has been asked a few time, but I can't find and answer to it.
When I try to login to myb cvs account on a RH linux machine from a winXP
machine. I get the following error

cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from 192.168.50.50: Usage:
cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options-and-arguments]

What could be the problem.  When I creat my passwd file and writers file do
I need to "cvs add" them to the cvs or do I just need to create them and
stick them in the directory?  If I do need to add the via cvs do I have to
check them out to edit them?

This is what I Have from my cvspserver in the xinetd.d file
service cvspserver
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        group                   = cvsusers
        passenv                 = PATH
        server                  = /usr/bin/cvs
        server-args             = -f --allow-root=/var/lib/cvsroot pserver
}

my passwd file is set up like

anonymous:
me : lskfiekclsa
someonelse : mccoiwikj
lastperson : lkjfajfdjasd : cvsd
There are no spaces I added them for easy reading purposes and yes there is
a space at the end of my passwd and writers file.

Thank you,

Ben