Pendrive linux distros

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Jul 22 19:41:50 CDT 2004

DamnSmall is the closest.  Download the ISO and burn to a CD.  Have him copy the "knoppix"
directory to the flashdrive as a whole.  If he needs it, there is a floppy bootusb.img file for
download that passes off control to the USB after the system initializes far enough.  It's for
older hardware and it works fine on my laptop and a couple other PCs I've tried it on.
www.damnsmalllinux.org

Brian Kelsay

>>> Oren Beck <> 07/21/04 04:39PM >>>
Short simple <I hope>  request .

What distro is " Ready to use" -  for boot and run from a 128 mb usb
"pendrive "

I am looking for something I can  e mail the URL of to a friend and he
wants to drag/drop from a windows box to the "pendrive" , reboot with
BIOS set for USB boot and have it _work_ with no arcane futzing...

The last descriptor being his meaning for " you hits the button and it
_works_ . "

Of  course this fits with my desire for the same animal .  any
suggestions on where to find this ?

Oren Beck