New Server?

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Jul 11 16:28:11 CDT 2004

So how about a status report, or better yet a juicy saga, of the new KCLUG.ORG
server?

NetStandard is still pointing to Illiana for our IP, so we haven't achieved
cutover.  What's the tentative schedule?

Are we just going to update the DNS record and let it propagate, or can we do
something at illiana like set a forwarding address so that all the mail makes
the switch at once and they don't have to run in parallel while the DNS
update propagates?

If I recall correctly, at least one of our posters is in South America
somewhere, so he would probably be the maximum lag on the DNS.  Or not,
geography doesn't always determine.