Phone Logging

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:15:11 CDT 2004

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> Speaking of HylaFax, this is running on my voice line, and I was wondering if
> there was a way to get it - or something else - to log inbound caller ID
> info.  Anybody know of  away to do this?
>
> .

The last logger we installed was using a dialogic IVR board - list to
customer of $ 1900 !
Was in the pharmacy of iirc Walgreens I have seen these boards turn up
on Ebay and tech surplus sites .
But as always- Caveat Emptor  due to the very possible chance that board
wound up sold cheap because it's surge damaged or firmware nvram failed
  Supposedly some folks have  been overjoyed using the Asterisk hardware.

http://store.yahoo.com/asteriskpbx/s100iiaxy.html

which IS Linux supported even if $ 99 seems a bit high , It would open
up many options POTS lacks .
Now moving into the Rube Goldberg zone a digicam pointed at the display
of a cheap caller id box ?

Oren Beck

www.campdownunder.com

"Becoming the enemy - motto of the TSA "