npscripts.com

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Aug 20 12:59:27 CDT 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 09:11 am, Michael Pratt wrote:

> I know if I had problems with a script and got a blank screen I put a -w in
> front of #!/usr/bin/perl -w.

Yes, that's one of the first things we did.  I also inserted

use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser );

which gives more useful information when the scripts fail.

I think I will try some of the additional debugging switches, particularly
running the scripts through perl with -c to see what happens.

What I mostly wanted was not specific answers to specific bugs, but general
opinions or experience from people who've used these particular scripts
before.  Are these solid scripts with a good reputation, or is there better
work out there somewhere else?