Mono Book

Charles, Joshua Micah (UMKC-Student) jmcqk6 at umkc.edu
Wed Aug 18 13:11:55 CDT 2004

Received the new Mono book from O'Reilly ("Mono: A Developer's
Notebook"), and I must say that it was an excellent buy, especially for
the price ($17 at amazon.com ).  It covers the basics of how to install
and use Mono, and then gets into C#, beginning with an introduction,
then moving into more advanced topics such as GTK#.  The GTK# chapters
alone are worth the price, especially if you are new to programming
GUI's, like I am.  There isn't a lot of theory in the book; it follows
the basic format of "here is how you do that," and it works surprisingly
well.  My only complaint is that the code in the book doesn't come in an
electronic format of some kind, either on CD or download like Wrox
books.

Just figured some of you might be interested in it.

Josh