Backup

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sun Aug 15 20:20:26 CDT 2004

I just looked at the price of 30G cartridges for my DLT drive, and man, you
can buy a USB Hard Drive for what they want for those!

I have a bunch of DAT tapes, but the last time I tried to recover something,
the drive I have ate the tape (it was ugly, little bits of mylar oozing out
the drive door, etc.).

What do the rest of you use for backup?  Is there a hot-pluggable IDE chassis
available at a reasonable price, or is fireware or USB the way to go?
Clearly the media of choice is ATA/IDE hard drives.