knoppix

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Aug 12 14:43:07 CDT 2004

On Thu, August 12, 2004 11:43 am, Michael Pratt said:
> What is everyones view on knoppix for those who have used it? From what I
>  have seen I think its the best thing that has come out so far. I will
> most defiately have a copy of it with me when I go to the businesses I
> support.

> Is there anything in particular that this product has that no others do?

To answer that, you should look at the "Live" CD's from both SuSE and
Mandrake - they both offer a bootable CD format that allows you to explore
their features.  RedHat may offer one of these as well.

These are _NOT_ "rip-offs" of Knoppix, RedHat's live CD goes back to at
least version 2.6, many years ago.