Cheap Linux-compatible wireless 802.11b PCMCIA card

webgiant at juno.com webgiant at juno.com
Sun Aug 8 03:11:11 CDT 2004

Microcenter (91st & Metcalf) has a Hawking wireless 802.11b PCMCIA NIC for $24.99.  The box only
comes with Windows drivers on the CD, but the card, the WE120P, has Linux drivers on the Hawking
website.

http://www.hawkingtech.com/drivers.php

If you or someone you know wants a PCMCIA wireless NIC for cheap, this is the way to go.

Now I can go see if my brother-in-law lives close enough to an open (intentionally or not) wireless
AP.  He's always wanted high-speed Internet.  :)