wifi linksys and linux

Kendrick-LUG kulua at linux2themax.com
Tue Aug 3 08:26:06 CDT 2004

I was wondering if any one has messed with the version of linux running
in a linksys router.  I have one and would love to get it to run ipv6
some time soon.  another reason i ask is due to oren's mentioning about
a campground build.

RAM: *2 x* IC42S16400
<http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/C42S16400>, 64Mbit (4M X 16)
RAM chips /(16MB)/

Flash: AMD AM29LV320DB-90EI
<http://www.amd.com/us-en/FlashMemory/ProductInformation/0,,37_1447_1457_1468%5E1543,00.html>,

a 32Mbit chip /(4MB)/

CPU: Broadcom BCM4702KPB
<http://www.broadcom.com/products/product.php?product_id=BCM94702>, with
a 125MHz MIPS and two 10/100 Ethernet controllers

Ethernet: ADMtek ADM6996 <http://www.admtek.com.tw/products/ADM6996.htm>
5 port 10/100 switc

they are making a flash for them with freeswan and ipsec.   Im shure
there could be alot done with the firmware to make a behind the seens
security with alll that.