Windows Embedded

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Aug 2 19:32:34 CDT 2004

BWAAAHHH HAAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA!

Seriously, though I doubt that XP embedded is that big.
I think just the evaluation kit needs these specs. A lot
of the overhead is probably because the folks at Redmond
are afraid someone will learn the secret of the One OS and
learn how to destroy it by casting in back into the mouth
of the fiery chasm from which it came. So they've added all kinds
of security and emulation and wrappers within wrappers to protect
the Most Holy and Sacred IP. Plus it probably has lots of *Free*
tools to help you integrate your app into XP. It could also be
that they are compressing XP when installing on the embedded device,
but uncompressing it on the fly, and the evaluation copy is uncompressed.

Just AWAG.

Brian Densmore