Linux on the Radio

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Mon Aug 2 18:27:56 CDT 2004

The problem is by saying "let them eat cake" or "let them run windows"
and continuing to allow talk shows and reporters and etc. continue to
persist in the blissful state of FUD it cements the ideas that Linux
is all the things that are stated in the FUD. Of course no matter how
hard we try there will always be people who will heard the FUD and
spread it and others will believe and spread it. That's why certain
types of people spread FUD in the first place. Once a falsehood is stated
it is almost impossible to quash. Take for example the story that
people in the Middle Ages thought the World was flat and that you could sail
off the end. This is simply not true, but a work of fiction by, IIRC, Dante
had such a premise. Thus is Urban Legend born (or in this case Medieval Legend).

Although I do agree we should try to educate the people, rather than boycott
some vendor. Unless it turns out they are intentionally spreading FUD, then by
all means boycott them and educate the AM radio listening Public. I wouldn't mind
participating in a radio program to spread Linux and computer knowledge, but there
are others more worthy than I, on the list.

$0.02,
Brian D.