GENTOO installation manual confusion

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Oct 29 01:08:03 CST 2003

jmneedham at kc.rr.com wrote:
<snip>

>Any help is appreciated.
>
>This is an install referenced in the "Taking the Plunge and Taking the Plunge 1.1" threads.
>
>Please excuse my ignorance with this distrobution, but I feel it is the one I need to use.
>
>Thanks again,
>
>--
>J. Mike Needham

Please leave your posts under one subject line, until the problem is
resolved.  This saves everyone that is trying to help you from being
confused, answering twice, knowing if you ever solved the problem, etc.

That said, it looks like from one post that your wireless card is not
supported.  I will lend you a wired NIC and dongle at the next meeting
if you will return it.  I have several 3Com cards that I have always
found to be supported by the major boot disks and .iso images.  I may
even be able to let you have a card, but I'm short on dongles.  They are
$14 at Microcenter.

Brian