Do you know your schedule for ITEC yet?

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Fri Oct 24 04:46:40 CDT 2003

The inter-operblity sounds like a cool idea, but personally, I think
there is a possibility that it could backfire on us.  We are the 'Kansas
City Linus Users Group', not the 'Slow To Sub-light Speed So we can Show
off Buggy Software Group'.  (STSSSBS)  I think that having a 'doze box
in the booth could be misconstrued or just flat out misrepresented by
those that fear Linux or by their lapdog media people.

Just one headline like "KC Linux group demos XP to trade show", or
"Linux group uses/needs Windows for trade show presentation", or even
worse, "Linux group pirates Windows software for trade show" could
really undermine what we are trying to do.

If the group insists on making an interoperability demo between the
OS's, please, please, PLEASE be sure that we have the proper CD's, books
and licenses for ALL of the proprietary software on the 'doze box on
site, just in case we get a visit from the copyright police.  Oh, and
don't forget to check the EULA to make sure that you are ALLOWED to make
an interoperability demo using 'doze software.

Monty J. Harder wrote:

>"Dustin Decker" <dustind at moon-lite.com> wrote:
>

>>OK, how does this sound... a Windows workstation with Office
>>2000/XP/Whatever and a Linux workstation with Open Office right next to
>>it.  Let folks create documents on the Windows box, transfer 'em to the
>>Linux box, and show 'em it really does work.
>>

>  YES!  We should have one Win box just to show interoperability works.  We
>can always do double duty and boot Knoppix off it too.

Those who understand binary, and those who don't