Mandrake 9.2

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Oct 23 13:49:31 CDT 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 01:22 am, Jim Herrmann wrote:

> Jonathan Hutchins wrote:
> >Is anybody playing with the release candidate for Mandrake 9.2 yet?   Any
> >pitfalls or breakthroughs?

> I have the final downloaded.  I upgraded my laptop, but I don't really
> have much of a review yet.  I'm hoping to get to my main machine this
> weekend.  Will have a better feel after that.  I was a little
> disappointed that it uses Mozilla 1.4 instead of 1.5.

Yeah, most of the components still seem to be a release behind.  One of the
bitches about Mandrake is that they take a while to get the updates out, and
unless Mandrake packages them a lot of projects don't have a Mandrake
specific rpm.

Then there are the drivers....  New Asus motherboard (A7N8X-X) has Linux
drivers, but only for SuSE and RedHat, and the RedHat versions don't want to
compile on Mandrake.