Cron/Xwindows

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Oct 22 14:57:01 CDT 2003

> Realistically, how many Linux systems actually run multiple
> display sessions?
> I know the capacitiy is there, and I know that it's used in some
> environments, but the majority of Linux installations are
> single user, single
> display systems.
True, but Linux is a Unix derivative and thus is by design a mulituser
system with many possible XWindows clients running siumultaneously.
Thus it would be inappropriate to *ass-u-me* only one xclient is running.
Can you imagine the trouble that could happen if user joe was allowed to open
random programs on user jane's xclient?