X-CD-Roast

Jim Herrmann kclug at ItDepends.com
Fri Oct 17 05:19:13 CDT 2003

Dan Mesimer wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 14:02, ismgr wrote:
>

>>I was wondering if there were any good alternatives to this program.
>>
>>I keep getting fifo errors of sorts when trying to burn CDs and couldn't for
>>the life of me figure out how to burn ISOs in the dialog menu.
>>
>>It's using an old Creative CDRW8432.
>>
>>Please leave out the slack on the age and speed of the burner.
>>
>>Finances are rough, so I can't go buy a new one.   :-)
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>Chris
>>

>I have been using Gnome Toaster lately....It seems better to me.
>
>You could always resort to using cdrecord from the command line.
>
>And then again, if its the hardware these probably aren't going to help
>you.
>
>Take it easy

That's exactly what I was thinking.  XCDRoast, K3B, CD Bake Oven,
eRoaster, and all the rest are just GUI frontends for cdrecord.
Changing your GUI is not going to fix your problem, but it might make it
easier to use in general.  I like eRoaster, until I saw CD Bake Oven.
K3B is very nice as well.  XCDRoast is primitive in comparison.  The
other suggestions people have made about cleaning and slowing the speed
are probably going to fix your problems, if not, it's time to get a new
toaster.

Peace,
Jim