linux PVR's

Scott Smith scott at roadtoad.net
Sat Oct 11 01:01:15 CDT 2003

Your tuner card wouldn't be doing the tuning, you'd simply get input on
channel 3 or whatever from the digital cable box and change channels on it.

Someone correct me if there's another way of doing this, but I can't
think of one. My tivo worked around this by having an IR transmitter
that you hung over your cable / satellite receiver so the tivo could
change the channel.

Scott