Command Compatibility

Patrick pert at tas-kc.com
Thu Oct 9 19:03:21 CDT 2003

Aliases are one way to make shortcuts to unix commands. I use to have
lots of aliases, here are a few on mine now. Some I got from somewhere
else and don't use. I like the copy/move/remove aliases. It has stopped
my happy a__ from deleting the wrong file several times. Then I can just
unalias or give specific switches to do other stuff.

alias .='ls'
alias ..='cd ..'
alias chmod='chmod -v -c'
alias cp='cp -iv'
alias d='dir'
alias dir='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS --format=vertical'
alias f='finger'
alias la='ls -a'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias lo='logout'
alias ls='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS'
alias ls-l='ls -l'
alias more='less -iM'
alias mv='mv -iv'
alias rm='rm -i'
alias v='vdir'
alias vdir='/bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS --format=long'
alias win='/usr/bin/kill.gpm ; openwin'