Samba mapping without retyping password on windows 2000 system?

Joe Cho ksjoecho at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 19:17:51 CDT 2003

Hi,

I would like to ask this off-topic Samba with windows 2000 connection if you don't mind.
Over the weekend, I have installed ( I should say that it was already installed on my Redhat 8.0
box). I edited a couple of line on the /etc/samba/smb.conf like this at the end of the file:
[joe]
comment = Joe's testing stuff
path = /home/joe
valid users = joe
public = no
writable = yes
printable = no
create mask = 0765

and I restarted the Samba services again,
and then I mapped on windows 2000 machine using Windows Desktop called
"My network place" and right click the icon and pick the Map Network Drive,
I typed in user name and password ( in my case, Redhat and windows has same user name and password
on both systems).
then map the drive U: and on the folder: redhotjoe

My problem is that every time I log on the windows system, I ask me to type password again in order
to map the drive.

Is there any way, I can map the drive without retyping the password two times, one for logging on
the windows and one for connecting Redhat Samba??

I appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Joe Cho
ksjoecho at yahoo.com