Another possible reason Dell is moving customer support back to the U.S.

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sat Nov 29 17:04:28 CST 2003

Not true.  It all depended on how your job was classified - and how
ethical your employer is!  The main criteria is how your work is measured.

If your work consists of numerous small tasks to be completed during a
set period of time, you should have been classed as an hourly employee.
(A computer operator is a good I/T example)  An hour employee is
entitled to overtime for if they are required to work more than 8 hours
a day or more than 40 hours a week.

An employee that is responsible for a specific task or set of tasks that
are not time dependent are usually salaried and are not eligible for
over time.  Something like a system administrator.  You may be required
to work sometimes at night or on weekends, but you can take time off
during the week to make up for it.  This means that you can come and go
at will and are NOT required to punch a time clock or track your time.

One interesting note, if you ARE required to track your time and are NOT
paid overtime, they owe you the time and a half for your overtime.  I
had a friend in this position that was able to start his own business on
the fees and penalties and interest that his employer was required to
pay for NOT paying overtime.

--

The Supreme Court has ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington, D.C. This wasn't
for any religious reasons. They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.
--Jay Leno